Smart CVS Pharmacy
Team Size: 2
The project was based on a value proposition on how to improve the current pharmacy service.
Background – The 5 Famous W’s
Based on the facts, we as a team had to provide a value proposition to the CVS/Pharmacy. Their current method of data collection was paper-based, we proposed to utilize the Web-enabled Electronic Data Collection (EDC). The proposed method will save costs by data verification, sharing and quality and also, by cutting down the time (by half) to getting the pharmacy on market. The outcome would result in a significant increase in the prospective sales.
We proposed to add an automated check for the Rx-Expiration in Drug Utilization Process while the customer was present at the store.
Below are the screenshots of the Current Environment Problem (AS-IS) and the Proposed Environment Solution (TO-BE)
The Transition Message Points were:
Ideal System Capabilities
- Customer Safety
- Data Look-up or Entry
- Computer Check of Medications
- Virtual Queue for Technicians & Pharmacists
- Instant Notification System (via Text/Email)
- Integrated Computer System
- Online Prescription Webpage
Customer can manage & check status of prescriptions on their own
- Lead Time Reduction.
- Quick access to patient records for more coordinated and efficient care.
- Providing accurate, up-to-date, and complete information about patients at the point of care.
- Reducing costs through decreased paperwork, improved safety, reduced duplication of testing and improved health.
- Increased Customer Satisfaction.
- Ability to offer improved customer service and support.
- Increased usability leading to increased sales.
- Improved/Automated business process that the new system supports and enables.
- Faster and more accurate information.